[kde-doc-english] Setting the standby default

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Nov 16 14:08:52 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>

> I simply want to expand the time before the system goes into sleep mode.  When listening to the radio over the internet, I have to keep moving the mouse every 3 minutes or so.  How do I open this time frame to about 60 minutes?  Thank you

Hi,

You can use PowerDevil to change power saving parameters:

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-workspace/kcontrol/powerdevil/index.html

http://maketecheasier.com/kde-power-management-101/2010/06/09

To change screensaver settings please use screensaver KCM:

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-workspace/kcontrol/screensaver/index.html

You can also try Caffeine:

https://launchpad.net/caffeine

Hope this helps.

BTW this is not user support list. Please use kde-users for such questions.

Best regards,
Yuri