[kde-doc-english] Re: System Settings: Desktop Effects

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 26 22:47:09 CEST 2011

On 2011.05.26 13:38, Burkhard Lück wrote:

>>> Do you have permission from the author to use this under FDGL >=1.2
>>> in kde?

>> I did not copy the info from that web posting.  I transcribed it
>> using my own words.  I had no idea what these issues were until I
>> found it elsewhere.

> Hmm, Is it just me beeing so sensible in this issue because I am
> german and two politician had to resign due to plagiarism in their
> dissertation?

> What do others think about it?

I have to agree with Burhkard here.  It may have been an unfortunate
choice of words, but "transcribed" is a form of copying.  If it's an
important enough source of information, even if the words are
different, it would be wise to have permission.

Oddly, I just spent some time on both linux-tipps.blogspot.com and
www.blogspot.com, and although I didn't see any copyright notice, I
also didn't find any mention of what if any permissions to copy exist.
Although that post is almost three years old, perhaps posting the
question as a comment to the post would get a response from the
original author.

Jack