[kde-doc-english] Re: kde 4.6.2

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu May 5 18:35:51 CEST 2011

написане Wed, 04 May 2011 23:17:11 +0300, cm <cmccall at gmail.com>:

> Hello
> I would like to change my default text editor to mousepad. I have
> followed the instruction in the kde docs and I fail to get a list to
> select programs from.

If you used "Default Applications" module fot this it is not a surprise.
As it is written in documentation

Different _KDE_ applications sometimes
need to invoke a console emulator, send a mail or display some text.

Mousepad cannot be _embedded_ KDE editor. Please do use "File
Associations" module to associate text files (text/plain) with Mousepad or
create a wish report against Mousepad.

> I also would like to make my default instant messenger  Pidgin.... I
> have followed the instruction in the kde docs and I fail to get a list
> to select programs from.

See above. Pidgin is not embeddable component of KDE. Please explain what
you are trying to do on KDE forum (forum.kde.org) or kde-users mailing
list.

> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks,
> curt