[kde-doc-english] Re: Moving kremotecontrol's doc out of the kcontrol/ directory

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 00:33:17 CET 2011

Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, 3. März 2011, um 03:08:33 schrieb Raphael Kubo da Costa:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Still while working on the kdeutils git migration, I saw that
>> kremotecontrol's documentation is in
>> kdeutils/doc/kcontrol/kremotecontrol instead of
>> kdeutils/doc/kremotecontrol.
>>
>> After the git migration, it will probably move to a doc/ directory
>> inside kremotecontrol itself. Do you know if there was any specific
>> reason the documentation was inside an intermediate kcontrol/ directory,
>> and if this directory will also be needed after the migration?
>>
> *All* kcm docs are in a subdir doc/kcontrol, see e.g, kdelibs, kde-runtime,
> kde-workspace, same applies to kioslave documentation, which is in
> doc/kioslave.
>
> Some parts of the i18n toolchain in l10n-kde4/scripts need this intermediate
> kcontrol/ directory to work properly, like e.g autogen.sh, which generates the
> CMakeLists.txt files for the translated language docbooks.

Hi again,

Another doubt related to this is whether a directory such as
'doc/kcontrol' is enough inside a repository such as 'kremotecontrol'.

Right now, `kdeutils/doc/kcontrol/blockdevices/' has become
`kdf/doc/kcontrol' and `kdeutils/doc/kcontrol/kremotecontrol' has become
`kremotecontrol/doc/kcontrol'.

Is this OK or do you need a subdirectory with the application name after
`kcontrol'?