[kde-doc-english] Removing kdeutils/doc/kcontrol/blockdevices?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:51:03 CET 2011

Hi there,

While working on the git conversion rules for kdeutils, I stumbled upon
doc/kcontrol/blockdevices.

It seems to have been moved from kdebase ages ago (around revision
~170000, in 2002) and does not seem to have been updated very often ever
since.

It is a bit hard to correctly trace the history of this directory and
especially the history of the module it related to due to the amount of
moves that happened (sometimes it there was a copy + a deletion,
sometimes a move etc). Even though this piece of documentation is
installed, I am unable to find it via khelpcenter, and I believe the
module it relates to does not even exist anymore.

I would like to know if it is OK to remove this directory altogether, as
it is not related to one of the kdeutils applications -- even if it
needs to be kept, it should be moved elsewhere, probably to the same
place that has the module it documents.