[kde-doc-english] Re: Revocation Certificates??

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Wed Jun 22 20:43:03 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2011, 17:15:19 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011, um 05:37:32 schrieb Daniel U. Thibault:
> >    GnuPG4Win/Kleopatra prominently warns about creating a revocation
> >
> > certificate before uploading a key pair to a PGP server.  But there is
> > a) no option to do this offered by the wizard and, more importantly, b)
> > absolutely no mention of how to do this in the help.  The interface is
> > of no help, giving absolutely no hint of how to do this.
> >
> >    I eventually found guidance at
> >
> > http://www.emiic.net/reference/57-encrypting-email.  Not obvious at all.
>
> This is about KGpg, right?
>
> Your a) seems to be a claim about a missing feature/warning/bug in KGpg,
> please report at bugs.kde.org product KGpg.
>
> Your b) could be solved adding some infos about a revocation certificate to
> the KGpg Handbook?

Yes, please file a wishlist for KGpg on b.k.o and I'll see to get this done for
SC 4.8. There currently is no interface to create a revocation certificate for
an existing key. You are however asked if you want to create one with a new
key.

I don't think complaining about a revocation certificate on every upload is a
good idea. But maybe we could do this with a dont-show-this-dialog-again
thing. Please file a seperate wishlist if you want this implemented and provide
some good arguments to convince me.

Eike