[kde-doc-english] question on reference to other (non KDE) apps

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 21 00:03:50 CEST 2011

I just checked in a doc, using <trademark class="trade"> for
LibreOffice, and someone very quickly changed it from trade to
copyright.

If you look at the bottom of the page www.libreoffice.com, they have

   "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks

which is why I explicitly used trade instead of copyright, although
perhaps registered would have been better.  The code and system is
probably copyright, but the name is trademarked.  I think the OO
reference (for which I used copyright) is probably also incorrect, but
I haven't changed it since I  haven't found a good reference.

If you look at the wikipedia pages for them, I don't see (C) (R) or TM
used within the text, but in the graphic at the right of each page,
oo.org has a TM, and LibreOffice seems to have a (R).

Is there a KDE preference or standard for this type or reference?  I
don't see anything in any of the entity defining files.

Thanks for any pointers.

Jack