[kde-doc-english] Patience Klondike question

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Jul 8 07:27:09 CEST 2011

I have become a fan of the Klondike game, and it brings a
question that you might want to add to the FAQ.  In almost
all deals, the game is winnable.  I don't know how random
the deals actually are, but is this the case with an actual
deck and Klondike played on a table?  In other words, if
you were smart enough to make the right choices all the
time, as to which of two equal card files to move--say two
files headed by a black 7, either of which could be moved to
a file whose bottom is a red 8, could almost all of the real
games be won?  Your game tells you at once if the game can no
longer be won, and you can undo the goof and choose the other
black 7 to move.  Similarly, your game tells you if you try
to move a card which will be needed further on into the game
to a position in which it could not then be used, that the
game can no longer be won, and you can go back and undo the
mistake and pursue a different tack.  If a person was clairvoyant,
could almost all of real card games of Klondike be won?

Thanx for your answer.  I'm sure this question must occur to
other players.  Perhaps you have answered before, and you can
just direct me to the url where the answer is.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley