[kde-doc-english] Re: Reverse Caplocks

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Feb 9 16:53:08 CET 2011

написане Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:33:11 +0200, LaBerta E. Finck
<lef1956 at roadrunner.com>:

> I have no idea what I am doing that causes this problem but every now
> and then I find that my caplock key is off (no light to indicate it is
> on) and I am typing all in caps.  If I shift then I get small letters.
> So, I end up rebooting my machine which is a total pain to have to
> contend with.
> Can you help me?  I know I must be doing something that is causing this
> but have no idea how to reverse it back to what it should be.
> Thank you very much.
> LaBerta E Finck

Hi!

This list is for KDE documentation questions, so you question is slightly
off topic here.

Your problem is probably caused by bug in X server, kxkb (if you use
layout switching), or hardware problem. Try to play with CapsLock
configuration (flag or letter code in tray -> Configure -> Advanced). If
there will be no results, please report bug against your distribution.

Best regards,
Yuri