[kde-doc-english] Re: Current plans for the doc team?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Feb 3 06:46:55 CET 2011

написане Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:29:38 +0200, Alexander Potashev
<aspotashev at gmail.com>:

> 2011/2/2 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net>:
>> Optimized current screenshots, draft and basic instructions can be found
>> in http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/doc/amarok/
>
> FYI, I see clearly the negatory effect of aggressive usage of optipng.
> The optimized screenshots do not look as juicy as original ones.

I know, but these screenshots are prepared according to KDE rules for
screenshots (256 colors, 8 bits). If we use whole palette, I am afraid the
size of the new manual (without translations) will be much larger than
Amarok code itself.

And FYI, it was not optipng (it's lossless), it was pngnq. :)

> http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/work/doc/amarok/Mediasources6.png
> Here, look at the star icon. Look at the silly star icon. ;)

Words are cheap... ;)