[kde-doc-english] Export theme to file...why isn't there a import option?

Patrick van Houten vanhoutenpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:24:30 UTC 2011

Hello, i'm a (dutch) gnome user but wanted to play with kde. And for any
strange reason i cannot import Desktop Themes? Also the documentation
suddenly stops after that chapter. I'm am aware that i can change the theme
'under the hood' but for common/new users that could be a deal breaker which
is bad for the linux community.With al due respect but i find it rather
sloppy so that's why i want to put this under the attention. Because why
does the cursor theme or splash screen theme's @ KDE4.7 do have the install
from file option (same thing as import)? I'm geussing you must be aware of
the fact that lots and lots of theme's don't install at the get theme from
internet department because you often get prompted with a message that's
it's a html link only where you manualy can download the theme. But yeah,
whitout a import function.......well you get my drift.

Greetings P.v.Houten