[kde-doc-english] branches/work/doc

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Aug 12 20:48:45 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, 12. August 2011, 19:24:14 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> написане Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:29:12 +0300, T.C. Hollingsworth
>
> <tchollingsworth at gmail.com>:
> > On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> Yes but that is only one step.
> >> I think we need to test a complete roundtrip - extraction, translation,
> >> language docbook generation.
> >
> > I just commited the kwrite docbook with the &i18n-powermode; entity to
> > branches/doc/work so it can be used for further tests if you would
> > like.
> >
> > -T.C.
>
> Tested full cycle. Everything works as expected (translation is shown
> where it should be shown). Thank you for the work. :)

Thanks for testing this Yuri :-)

I really appreciate this new feature (translatable entities defined in docbook
headers) and see several use case for it:

1) the partman entity issue
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=122894471805685&w=2)

2) usage of translatable entities like &i18n-foo-bar; in docbook headers,
where the translatable entity is defined like this:

But before this new feature can go into git we need to explain it to the
translators on kde-i18n-doc at kde.org

Thanks

--
Burkhard Lück