[kde-doc-english] permanent klipper content

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Aug 10 21:28:17 UTC 2011

написане Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:11:01 +0300, Mike Pater <mike8994 at gmail.com>:

> Hello.
>
> Long time Klipper fan. Great product. I use it everyday!
>
> I think a useful feature would be an option to save a klipper item as
> permanent.
> Example:  I often have to paste a cover letter into an email.  I have
> klipper configured to store 50 entries but sometimes gets the history
> gets
> overwritten before the next time I need to paste my cover letter. Same
> thing
> with my resume.
>
> Just a suggestion. Maybe others have requested this too.

Hi!

This list is for documentation writers, not all developers read it.

Please file a wish against Klipper:

https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=klipper&format=guided

and developers will find the way to implement it.

However, "The thing is that the maintenance
of Klipper is currently very sporadic, and a lot of stuff has broken."
(cited from bug #258749). Thus it can take some time to see the results.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri