[kde-doc-english] Dolphin

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 22:55:55 CEST 2010

Op dinsdag 21 september 2010 22:32:32 schreef Burkhard Lück:
> Hi Hubert,
>
> Am Dienstag, 21. September 2010, um 15:55:29 schrieb Hubert Christiaen:
> > Dear,
> >
> > In the Dutch translation I feel that at the bottom of the page the
> > translation for "previous" should be "vorige". The word "Terug" means
> > "back" and that's not the function of that button.
>
> That is an translation problem, cc'ing the dutch team.

The point is that in the English text the command is Back, which according to
Hubert, is to go back to where you came from. It could be the page with the
list of chapters. In his view it should be Previous, which he interprets as
going to the previous chapter. It is rather subtle, but he may be right.

In Dutch it is more or less translated literally with Terug=Back and not
Previous (in Dutch Vorige). It has the same difficulty in interpretation.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf