[kde-doc-english] KDE Documentation

Peter Davis peterichardavis at gmx.net
Tue Nov 23 16:24:25 CET 2010

    These are a couple of the thoughts that have occurred to me while
using KDE or reading your work, for which I thank you.  I hope you may
find them helpful:
I fell into a trap by assuming that it would either have been prevented
in programming or highlighted with alerts.  In case both are, for some
reason, impossible, I think the documentation could usefully point out
that by configuring GRUB to default to another operating system and
either Hide Menu on Boot or Timeout in 0 Seconds, one effectively
disables the UNIX system, and has to resort to the installation medium
to resolve the problem.
In help:/khelpcenter/what-is-kde.html is the statement, "UNIX
workstations, similar to the desktop environments found under Mac OS or
Windows 95/NT."  That seems to me to date KDE in a way that was probably
not intended, and could be avoided by not specifying a version of
Windows or Mac.

--
Please send confidential messages to peterichardavis at googlemail.com, gmail.com, gmx.net or even onetel.com, where they can be encrypted.
Peter R. Davis
prd at goldpage.info
http://www.goldpage.info <http://www.goldpage.info/>
PGP public key server:  ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370
On e-mail difficulties in future, try university forwarding address peterichardavis at cantab.net