[kde-doc-english] [Patch] Marble Handbook additions

Ingo Malchow ingomalchow at googlemail.com
Sun May 30 19:20:21 CEST 2010

2010/5/30 Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>:
>> I followed a suggestion for the kde.org website here: Screenshots should
>> include a bit of "context" from the default wallpaper. This looks better
>> than cutting it off at the window margins because the rounded corners
>> and drop shadow of the default theme are not destroyed. No strong
>> opinion on it; I can shrink them if you want to.
>>
> You refer to this site: http://l10n.kde.org/docs//screenshots.php ?
>
> Hmm, afaik I've never seen screenshots with "context" from the default
> wallpaper.
> But that is nonrelevant.

Just FYI, when we relaunched the main site www.kde.org, we implemented
the apps pages, see http://kde.org/applications/ . There each app got
a screenshot and it was decided for a certain consistency, like
described above. Unfortunately, can't find the source anymore.
This was just to give you the background.

Cheers,
Ingo