[kde-doc-english] Kile and Okular

Wayne Richter richter at math.umn.edu
Sat Jun 19 19:35:05 CEST 2010

Hi,
I am a possible convert from the Mac and TeXShop, and am trying out
Ubuntu. I have put Kubuntu on top of Ubuntu (I think!), and am using Kile
and Okular.
Everything works well, including forward and inverse search. However,
there is one feature of TeXShop that I don't know how to do with Okular.

When writing, I use as large a font size as possible with Okular so that I
can just fit on the screen a page (or even less), (in particular,cutting
off the top and bottom headers).
I would like to be able to go to the next page (using say "Page Down"), or more generally,
jump to a different page, while preserving the page location. However,
when I do this, the page location automatically
jumps to the top of the new page (showing the header, etc.)

I don't see anything in the manual that talks about this, although I
might not have understood everything there.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Wayne Richter