[kde-doc-english] System Settings Categories" needs hyperlinks

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Jul 29 19:33:18 CEST 2010

написане Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:41:09 +0300, Burkhard Lück
<lueck at hube-lueck.de>:

> Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010, um 20:25:36 schrieb Krzysztof Żelechowski:
>> The page "System Settings Categories" [1] needs hyperlinks to the
>> documentation of the configuration modules.  For example, Application
>> Appearance [2].
>>
> The overview chapter of the systemsettings documentation was not written
> with
> the intention to give access to all modules doc, just to give a brief
> overview
> about the categories and the items.
>
> Each modules doc is accessible mainly from the opened module itself, si
> when
> you get stuck about an option in a particular settings module, you can
> get
> some help.
>
> But what you seem to have in mind is in my pov better suited for a
> chapter
> like "Customize you ..." with typical tasks in a user guide.
>
> From a technical PoV adding links in the overview page is easy and won't
> disturb the intended use case that much.
>
> Let's see what other say about this.
>
> Comments please.

Hi!

Regretfully, it will be hard to map the whole System Settings modules
structure to plain docbook list. It will also be hard to maintain the list
taking into account custom modules (Synaptiks or kcm-touchpad) of
distributions.

It will be nice to have main modules overview (a short variablelist or so)
in "Quick Start" or "User Guide", but we have no authors to write these
docs for KDE 4.

Yuri