[kde-doc-english] OKTETA

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Jan 30 16:36:56 CET 2010

Hi Gordon,

Dimanche, le 24 janvier 2010, à 10:26, Burkhard Lück a écrit:
> Am Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010 05:03:01 schrieb Gordon:
> > Hi Folks,
> >                  I have only found Okteta today, having previously
> > written my own hex editor in Pascal about 20 years ago..
> >
> >   Okteta runs rings around my program and I very much like the ability
> > to display and make comparisons in rows rather than  having to work in
> > columns.
> >
> >      Okteta is making my current project - that of of isolating and
> > hopefully fixing the mysterious appearance of odd characters in an
> > email distribution system - a lot easier than when I started.
> >
> > Many thanks and a Happy New Year.

Happy to hear you can make good use of it, thanks.
Sorry for it teasing that program of yours, that is not nice, I will
investigate that part of code to have it behave better ;)

BTW: Okteta is done in C++, which is not so distant from Object Pascal. So if
you ever want to get back into hex editor writing, I am open for contributions
:)

Cheers
Friedrich
--