[kde-doc-english] Bloody screen savers

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 16 10:33:03 CET 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 19:22:58 Elizabeth wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Why do I have to have a screen saver, I hate having to type in my
> password every time I walk away from my computer. Why do I not have the
> option to say NONE, or even NO Password to get back if I must because
> you insist have the screen saver.
>
> Simply annoying and unnecessary.

This is a list for documentation writers to work together.  You should always
ask your questions on user lists.  However...

No-one makes you have a screensaver.  Try opening SystemSettings > Desktop >
Screensaver section, and turning off the auto-start and/or password
requirement.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group