[kde-doc-english] KDE FAQ omits migrating address books and calendars to new releases

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:49:59 CET 2010

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 14:27:07 Shmuel  Metz wrote:
> I was unable to find any information in any of the KDE documentation,
> including the FAQ, on migrating the KAddressBook address book and
> KOrganizer calendar to new releases. I use openSUSE, and the latest
> release has dropped KDE3, so I need to migrate my data to KDE4. I'm fairly
> certain that other users need the same information.

Pre-akonadi, which I presume OpenSuse still is, there is virtually nothing to
do.  Assuming that you had .kde and now have that and .kde4, your addressbook
and organizer should have been automatically copied to .kde4.  If they
weren't, use the UserBase page that Jerry mentioned to make sure that you copy
all the necessary files across.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group