[kde-doc-english] Re: konq-plugins documentation in extragear/base/

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 17:25:40 CET 2010

On Tuesday 30 November 2010, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Montag, 22. November 2010, um 00:39:41 schrieb David Faure:
> > On Saturday 20 November 2010, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'd like to update the Konqueror plugins documentation and join all
> > > docbooks into a single one.
> > >
> > > From my PoV it is easier to maintain only one docbook and translation
> > > file. Furthermore with only one docbook we don't need a (so far
> > > missing) special rule in autogen.sh for the all language konq-plugins
> > > docbooks.
> > >
> > > Comments? Objections?
> >
> > I'm not sure this is a good idea because I was thinking about moving some
> > plugins to kdebase, actually (see kde-core-devel post with "kdeplugins"
> > in subject). There was no reply to my last post, the one that suggested
> > moving them to kdebase/apps/konqueror-plugins. From which I could
> > conclude that there was no objection, I guess :)
>
> Ups, somehow i overlooked the relevance for documentation in this thread.

Sure, I didn't mean you should have replied yourself :-)

> > Well, actually, if I move *all* of them then obviously the docbooks can
> > be merged indeed. Let's do that then.
>
> From the documentation pov that is the best solution, no need for an
> additional desktop file to make the Konqueror plugins documentation visible
> in KHelpcenter again. Then I'll add all that docs to the Konqueror
> documentation.

Yep. And in fact the current discussion about how to move kdebase-apps to git
indicates that it would stay a single module, with mostly file-management and
konqueror-related apps, so the konqueror plugins would really fit well in
there.

> I'll be notified by scripty's log when you move the code and with it the
> message catalogs (guess that will be for 4.7). I'll take care of the
> documentation and the doc translations then.

Yes it was too late to do the move for 4.6, so this will be for 4.7.