[kde-doc-english] Desktop effects

Ed Tomlinson edt at aei.ca
Fri Dec 10 04:09:35 CET 2010

Hi,

I run gentoo with kde 4.5.4.  I find desktop effects EXTEMELY frustrating.  The kernel, video (xf86-video-ati) and mesa version are all from git.  As such they are as up to date as exists.  I want to test them with kde - except recient kde versions turn off effects as fast as I turn them on (and do not update the setup page).  The do NOT tell be why they turn off effects, which with older kde versions, worked fine.  If this is the result of a while list - tell us and PLEASE give an option to disable it so those of us testing new support can make sure it works with kde.

THANKS!
Ed Tomlinson