[kde-doc-english] Help missing for some KIO slaves: xz.html

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Aug 8 19:44:42 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2010, um 21:22:28 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> написане Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:29:09 +0300, Daniel Hahler
>
> <daniel at thequod.de>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > for some KIO slaves, help is missing in khelpcenter:
> >  - lzma
> >  - zip
> >
> > These link to help:/kioslave/xz.html , which is invalid / not existing.
> >
> > Additionally, there is "xz" listed, but this looks invalid.
> >
> > All from the index of "KDE Help Center".
> >
> > This is with KDE 4.5RC2 (Kubuntu).
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Daniel
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems archive KIOSlaves have some issues:

I'd extent that to all KIOSlaves.

> 1) They all are stub (just the name of the archive and KIOSlave replaced).
> 2) xz/lzma must be split by xz and lzma.

Using on doc seems more logical, as they have a lot in common afaik.

> 3) bzip is of no sense now, right?

I still works and has a documentation together with bz2, so I' like to leave
that.

> So we can proceed as follows
> 1) Keep unified form with <KIOSlave>-name replacement

I don't get what you maen here, please explain.

> ("Konqueror" have to be replaced with "File Manager"?)

Yes, after checking if it really works in dolphin, afaik that is true.

> 2) Write meaningful explanation to every archive type or give links to
> Wiki.

Yes.

> What do you think about it?

I have fixed the missing help for xz/lzma, both display xz/index.html now.
The zip ioslave is no longer displayed in khelpcenter (due to commented out
the X-DocPath in its protocol file).
Let's first write a documentation for zip and then enable it again in
khelpcenter.

Missing in khelpcenter kioslave list or docs:
ar (no X-DocPath, no doc)
settings (no X-DocPath, no doc)
zip (no doc)
trash (no X-DocPath, no doc)
applications (no X-DocPath, no doc)
network (no X-DocPath, no doc)
and a lot more ...

Here $KDEDIR/share/kde4/services/ has 98 protocol files, but we have only 34
documentations.

I don't think we need a doc for all ioslaves (some are used only internal and
nearly unvisible for Joe User), but for iosaves like trash, remote, network,
applications, settings... which are user visible in konquerors sidebar, we
should provide a documentatio.

I suggest to file a BR about these missing/wrong ioslave documentation.

--
Burkhard Lück