[kde-doc-english] Documentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Apr 15 06:08:54 CEST 2010

Hi!

написане Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:37:44 +0300, Tomas Straupis
<tomasstraupis at gmail.com>:

> Hello
>
>   Where can I get information about plans on documentation in
> "docmessages"?
>   It is kind of strange that the main problem when TRANSLATING
> documentation is to find out which document is still valid.

Please refer to this table:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)

>   Are there any plans to remove deprecated documentation to ease this
> task?

Please refer to this folder (boilerplate of the new documentation):

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/doc/

>   I see docmessages as primary source of documentation while userbase
> as secondary. So translating docmessages seems more important...

I agree with you. But nobody wants to write common documentation (except
those valuable developers and translators who made cells in heath table
green).

Hope someday when documentation on Userbase become oldish and deprecated
(if today's state of art does not change it will be very soon), somebody
will say "Hey, let's write docbooks: its' much easier than this oldish
wikis". Dialectics... ;)

>   Thank you

Best regards,
Yuri