[kde-doc-english] Outdated man page policy?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 04:37:23 CEST 2009

2009/9/6 Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>:
> Am Sonntag 06 September 2009 20:13:48 schrieb Raphael Kubo da Costa:

>> > Raphael,
>> >
>> > I think we have general policy that "no documentation is better than
>> > wrong documentation".
>> >
>> > Personally, I like man pages and wish we had at least basic man pages for
>> > all the apps. But if don't want to support a man page for Ark, then
>> > certainly you should remove the old, outdated file(s).
>>
>> Hi, Allen,
>>
>> Is it up to the application's maintainer to keep the man page and
>> other pieces of documentation updated, or is there any way the doc
>> team can help me? I could try to update the man page, but I've never
>> done anything related to DocBook, nor do I think I'll remember to do
>> that very often.
>>
> Raphael,
> just send some plain text with an updated man page, I can markup it quickly to
> docbook and move it into svn documentation and into the i18n tool chain.
>
> You don't need to deal with docbook.

Hi there,

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I'm finally attaching an updated man page.

I'm not sure if the language is as friendly as possible, so feel free
to edit it (or add/remove sections if necessary). I also merged the
Authors and Author section. Also feel free to add yourself to the
Authors list.

When you're done, please let me know to close the bug report.

Thanks!