[kde-doc-english] KDE/kdebase/workspace/doc/kcontrol/colors

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Sep 2 18:37:46 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 02 September 2009 18:09:12 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> Burkhard Lück wrote:

> >> Correct; the new version only hit svn a few days ago, so it isn't in
> >> 4.3.0. If you want to see it in khelpcenter, you'll need to build trunk.
> >
> > The documentation seems to apply also for branch, so I'd like to backport
> > to 4.3 in a few days, so it could be in 4.3.2,
> >
> > Matthew, any objections?
>
> Not at all! The only reason I haven't done so is because I am not
> familiar with policy for backporting doc changes, especially major
> changes like this total rewrite :-).

Policy is simple: NO string change in branch, not even a one char typo fix is
allowed (there are really good reasons for that).

<kde-18n-doc hat on>
I'm allowed to break the documentation string freeze as usual in the last few
years, but of course only with approval from our translators :-P
<kde-18n-doc hat off>

> For now, feel free to do so. (Given some of the discussions going on, I
> expect there will be UI changes for 4.4, but so far that isn't the case.)
>
> I also committed the changes I'd made so far based on Arturo's comments,
> so you'd have those available.

I'm just extracting the translation templates, so the top teams can pick it up
tomorrow and notice problems, breaking a freeze requires double checking.

--
Burkhard Lück