[kde-doc-english] Device actions help

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Nov 1 11:06:33 CET 2009

Please note that this is a list for documentation writers. Your question is
off-topic. Perhaps you'd care to ask this on a forum (http://forums.kde.org) or
a mailing list like the general KDE users list, or a list applicable to your
distribution?

On Sunday 01 November 2009 18:38:44 John Murphy wrote:
> Where does it help me mount a USB for user access.
This is partly distro specific, but if you have a standard KDE 4 desktop, the
device notifier should do this:
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Plasmoids#Device_Notifier

> This MUST be the most common requirement and is missing.
Please don't "shout" (use upper case), and please don't assume that your
favourite feature is the most important thing to a developer.

> VERY disappointed - all that work and missing the main requirement
I am personally disappointed in this attitude. You shout, you use an
inappropriate list, you haven't offered to help (you just criticise), and your
inability to find the tool (a search for "USB drive" on userbase.kde.org would
have done) leads to you assuming that it isn't supported.

Brad