[kde-doc-english] HowTo write KDE application manual (Handbook) for custom application?

L Pierre pierrelud at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 11:00:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

-Our application is developed outside of KDE's subversion repository.

-We have a custom/home written KDE4 application. I'm trying to add our application manual/hanbook using the KDE suggestions to do this.

-Following http://l10n.kde.org/docs/ which is very KDE-bundled-applications only centric, I used the dockbook template, edited it adding our application specifics and created html using meinproc4 as suggested. All works fine.

-I drawn up the index.docbook handbook for our application.

>>Now, how do I add this under the KDE Help Centre so that our application's handbook gets displayed and made accessible from here?

>>Is there any tools to do this or is this a tedious manual process?

>>How do KDE do it from all their bundled applications?

>>Can this be specified, to be added during the application build/installation, from cmake?

>>How do I get our handbook catalogued under application manuals into the KHelpCenter?

Regards,
Pierre