[kde-doc-english] Aspiring Contributor Introduction

Wesley Graba wesley.graba at gmail.com
Wed May 13 01:29:03 CEST 2009

Hello All,
After using and enjoying KDE for many years I have finally decided to
contribute in a meaningfull fashion (in documentation if you will have me).

I am an engineer by profession so I have had some experience writing
technical documentation (manuals for instrumentation) and programming (C++,
Tcl, Python, etc).  I have not used DocBook yet (I would be more than happy
to learn) but I have some experience with html, xml, and Latex.  I am a
native US English writer.
I am reviewing the Documentation Primer and the other documents at
http://kde.org/getinvolved/documentation/.  As a test run, I have also fixed
some simple issues identified by the EBN - ksystemlog and lilo-config
documents specifically.  The EBN seems like one of the easier ways to get
started.
I am open to contribute in any fashion needed including developing documents
from scratch and proofreading.  Assuming all goes well, I will be seen on
#kde-docs (nick: wgraba) and I will probably be asking a fair amount of
questions - like what is the best way to submit the documents I just
corrected?
Any suggestions/comments/questions are welcome.  Thank you for your patience
in advance.

--
Wesley Graba
wesley.graba at gmail.com