[kde-doc-english] The Kleopatra Handbook

bestellrep1 bestellrep1 at tlink.de
Wed Mar 11 23:23:53 CET 2009

Dear Handbook writers,

thank you for helping all of us by writing the documentation.

I'm writing to do my share on improving it.

But before I really begin, please note that I don't want that
my email address is published. Just call me 'anonymous'.

I think the Kleopatra Handbook is too hard to understand.
Even though I know something about cryptography, I'm far from
being an expert. And many people will read the manual
with less knowledge than I have.

So I begin with the first sentence:

Kleopatra is the KDE tool for managing X.509 certificates in the GpgSM keybox
and for retrieving certificates from LDAP servers.

What is X.509? and GpgSM, and the keybox and LDAP?

You might want to begin with:

Kleopatra is the KDE tool for managing certificates. Certificates are being
used for storing keys, which are used to encrypt and decrypt email, web
pages, etc.

Then explain X.509, GpgSM, LDAP. I don't really know how to explain that,
as my knowledge is too little to even try. Chapter 2 is really too hard for me
to understand!

So I hope this was at least a useful hint.

And remember: I don't want that my email address is published.

Best Regards,
Reinhold