[kde-doc-english] How to get started writing documentation?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Mar 5 17:02:45 CET 2009

На Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:56:02 +0200, <sinepp at sinepp.de> написав:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to contribute to the KDE documentation. I read the first
> chapters
> from the Documentation Primer, which brought me to the point of
> installing svn
> and getting the latest KMail doc (which is the application I'd like to
> write
> about).
>
> My question is now: How to continue? I have got these files in my
> "working
> folder" and my article including screenshots is in my head...
>
> Thanks for letting me know,
>
> regards,
> Dennis

Hi!

Thank you for your efforts.

If Documentation Primer does not guide you trough the documentation writing, you can write your documentation as a text file, design it in Komposer, paint on a sheet of paper, scan and put it to this list. There will always be someone who know the right way.

SVN things are not necessary to write documentation, they are mainly for commits. By the way you can download docbooks from websvn (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/doc/kmail/) there was no need in svn at all.

Best regards,
Yuri