[kde-doc-english] Moving messages

Rinse de Vries rinsedevries at kde.nl
Sat Jul 18 08:50:48 CEST 2009

Op vrijdag 17 juli 2009, schreef Bob Wallace:
> I have just upgraded to a newer computer and would like to get the
> messages from the "old" computer to the newer computer.  Is there
> any reasonably simple method for doing that of forwarding those old
> messages back to the ISP, then fetching them?  There appears to be
> nothing in the documentation that covers this specific question.
>
> Bob Wallace
> Dayton, Nevada

Hi,

Questions about kde can be addressed at http://forum.kde.org , where a large group of experienced users and developers can
help you.

About copying your mails to another computer: you can create a ZIP or tar.gz archive of the directory
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail and copy it to a usb-stick, sd-card or cd/dvd disc and copy it back to that directory on the new
computer.
Keep in mind that .kde is a hidden directory.

When i move from computer, i always archive the complete contents of /home/username (after cleaning it up a bit) and copy it
to the new computer, in order to have all my personal settings and files restored.

Regards, Rinse