[kde-doc-english] KDE Application Manual for Autostart Manager

William Alan Bruce Maloney william at william-maloney.org
Wed Jan 7 04:01:18 CET 2009

I'm new at KDE and I somehow stumbled across the Autostart Manager while
looking for something else, and I put the Sunbird calendar-reminder
program into it. Soon after I closed that, however, I forgot how I came
across the program. I found the Application Manual page for "Autostart
Manager" that describes what the program does -- describes it well
enough that I'm sure it's what I had used earlier -- but it doesn't tell
me how to find and start the program. I've tried using "sudo find /
-type f -name autostart -print" but got no results. I tried putting
"autostart" into the YaST2 software installer, in hopes it would give me
a clue as to the program's name, but it didn't come up with any results.

I'll continue looking and probably find it eventually, but I feel the
value of the Application Manual page would be enhanced by adding some
tips on finding the actual program itself, in addition to telling how it
runs.