[kde-doc-english] Kate - Terminal emulator

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 17:18:16 CET 2009

Quote KDE Help for Kate:-
"The Built in Terminal Emulator
  The built in Terminal Emulator is a copy of the KDE Konsole terminal
application, for your convenience. It is available from the
Window->Tools Views->Show Terminal  menu item and will get the focus
whenever displayed. Additionally, if the Automatically syncronisize the
terminal with the current document when possible option is enabled, it
will change into the directory of the current document if possible when
it is displayed, or when the current document changes."

"Window->Tools Views->Show Terminal"  does not exist.

Kate
Version 3.1.3
Using KDE 4.1.3 (KDE 4.1.3)

If Kate is called by Dolphin by clicking an associated file type then
the terminal is available in Kate.
However if I open a session in Kate I cannot access the terminal.