[kde-doc-english] Feedback ...

geoff probert geoffprobes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:22:40 CET 2009

Hi,
As a newbie user of Kubuntu, I am, to say the least, Frustrated.

I have 'jiggered' my Taskbar so have opened your Manual to *"The
Taskbar"*and it is not even a decent description of the bloody thing,
let alone how
to fix it!

NONE of my applications or (Dolphin) windows show on the taskbar - I
want/need to see them, especially when Minimised.

I ~did~ think that your Manual entry "Screen edges" might help, but of
course, that file doesn't exist.

Taken with other problems with trying to get into Linux, I have to say this
is becoming 'A Bad Experience'.  Are you guys so much above us mere Ants
that you've forgotten that the learning-curve needed oodles of support?  Or
are you all ex-MicroSlop, who just don't care about your customers/audience?

Sorry to blast but I've been struggling all night to get LAMP to actually
'run'  (that was ~so~ easy in Win XP with Wamp) and I have had it up to the
gills (or whatever Ants have up there) with poor instructions, lack of files
and poorly-ported shit like GoogleEarth (looks for its cache in a
.googleearth folder (Yes, a DOT googl.... folder)

Please help get this Linux show actually on the road,

Geoff Probert
geoffprobes at gmail.com
residing in Thailand