[kde-doc-english] Dolphin - settings

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:30:30 CEST 2009

On Sunday 23 August 2009 22:22:47 herve.armendinger wrote:
> Hello,

Hello.  Please in future send your questions to a user list such as kde-
linux at mail.kde.org

> Dolphin seems very well.
> But i find a problem :
> in "Places", i have :
> Network
> Root
> Trash
> and ... unlikely mounted partitions : sda1, sda5 and sdb7 !

This is not normal, and from the little information we have about your working
practices, it's not possible to guess how they got there.

As for whether they are mounted, if the command 'mount' does not show them
they are not mounted.  If you have a path to them in fstab they will be
mounted.

> So my Windows (sda1) is mounted on /media, and my others distributions
> (a Suse linux and a 2° PCLinuxOS) too.
>
> In fstab, the three partions are unmounted, and in mtab too.
> When i am writing in the terminal of Dolphin, all these are mounted on
> /media.

/media is normally used for removable drives.  I can't guess why these are
mounted there unless your fstab specifies it.

> This was the first problem.
> The second problem is : all are in rw mode !
>
> I will not that other users can read and write on other partitions !

Windows file systems do not support permissions.  I doubt if you can do
anything about that.

You may find it helpful to read about Dolphin on
http://userbase.kde.org/Dolphin, and if you have further questions, please see
the user list mentioned above.

Anne