[kde-doc-english] PROPOSAL: Merging Kleopatra Enterprise Branch into Trunk for 4.1

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 16:43:08 CEST 2008

Dear Translators and Release Team,

The kde-pim team would like to merge the Kleopatra enterprise branch
from the Kolab Konsortium [1] into trunk for the upcoming 4.1 release.
This will provide a much better kde-pim experience in 4.1 -- it will provide
many bugfixes as well as the Kleopatra features listed on the Feature Plan[2].

We PIMsters really would love to have this in 4.1, as we have many
users requiring excellent cryptographic support.  The code is externally QA'ed,
so it is stable already. And we really need this for our Mac and Windows users.

So, yes.. this breaks the feature freeze and the string freeze.
We estimate 100-150 string changes.

I know.. I know.. but we have a unique situation in kde-pim where
most of our contributors work for the consortium and do us a great
service and there would be no kde-pim without them.

In summary:  We are asking permission to make this merge happen.
Please let us know your objections or thoughts on this matter.

Regards,
Allen

PS. There will also be a brand-new, up-to-date handbook for Kleopatra.
But that isn't ready yet, so I'll ask about that at a later date.

[1]  www.kolab-konsortium.com/en
[2] OpenPGP support; Konqueror and Dolphin Kleopatra Plugins