[kde-doc-english] K Desktop Environment

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Dec 11 08:17:15 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag 11 Dezember 2008 00:45:54 schrieb Richard Johnson:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:04:44PM +0100, Manfred wrote:
> > How exactly do we refer to 'K Desktop Environment' in documentation?
> > Which ENTITY is there to be used, if any?
> >
> > Manfred
>
> &kde; is the entity that you want to use.

Not shure about that:
kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/general.entities:
<!ENTITY kde    "<acronym>KDE</acronym>">

$ wcgrep.sh "K Desktop Environment" l10n-kde4/documentation/ |wc -l
69

$ wcgrep.sh "K Desktop Environment" kdelibs/kdoctools/man-template.docbook
kdelibs/kdoctools/man-template.docbook:16:
<productname>K Desktop Environment</productname>

As it is widely used, it makes sense to introduce a new entity.

It looks like an entity, which should be translatable, so it has to go into
kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/en/user.entities and the translators need a
hint about that.

--
Burkhard Lück