[kde-doc-english] Saving PDFs from Okular with annotations/review results

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Dec 9 14:25:41 CET 2008

Am Dienstag 09 Dezember 2008 13:21:20 schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
> Hi,
>
> I am very impressed by Okular, and the ability to do annotations while
> reading PDF files. Unfortunately I cannot find out how to save PDF files
> with annotations, so that I can share them with others, or work with
> them collaboratively.
>
> I (unsuccessfully) tried "save copy as" and went looking into the
> manual, but could not find this information.

Quoting the documentation for okular in kde 4.1 and recent trunk:
Save As...
Save the currently open file under a different name using the document
backend. With the PDF-backend (Poppler >= 0.8 required) it is possible to
save the document with the changed values of the form fields.

> Can you point me in the right direction and maybe add this to the docs?

Okular stores your annotations in a xml file named foo.nameofpdf.xml in
~/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/.

Okular from recent trunk (which will be in kde 4.2) has a new menu item
File->Export as->Document Archiv.

This exports the PDF-File with your annotations into a zip archiv to share
them with others.

Thanks for your hint, I'll try to add it to the docs.

--
Burkhard Lück