[kde-doc-english] kde-docbook conventions

tic tic at tictric.net
Mon Dec 8 17:12:00 CET 2008

Am Montag 08 Dezember 2008 13:15:03 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:

> you can have several .docbook files for clarity.
> In your index.docbook simply add
>   <!ENTITY foo SYSTEM "foo.docbook">
> in the header
> and then
> &foo; into the doc body
> where this foo.docbook will be a chapter for ex
>
> When you call &foo; the whole foo.docbook will be included magically by the
> script.

Yau, that I figured out. What was (is) unclear to me is if there is anything
that says, 'rather put it all into one basket' because that's what the
template.docbook made me <guessmode>feel</guessmode>. But you explain that
further down satisfactorily.

> >   <!ENTITY html "<acronym>HTML</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY gpg "<application>GPG</application>">
> >   <!ENTITY gpgsm "<application>GpgSM</application>">
> >   <!ENTITY mdn "<acronym>MDN</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY acl "<acronym>ACL</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY imap "<acronym>IMAP</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY nntp "<acronym>NNTP</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY openpgp "<acronym>OpenPGP</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY smime "<acronym>S/MIME</acronym>">
> >   <!ENTITY kolab "<acronym>Kolab</acronym>">
> >
> > <-- snap
>
> the first are the .docbook as I tried to explain above, this is encouraged
> as when the doc is big, it adds clarity.
> Acronyms are only OK in a doc if they are not translatable.
>
> It's prefered that they are in kdelibs and used globally in all apps.

Fine, then I'll see that I collect all the required entities in the docbook
file still until I got them all together and bring them into kdelibs in one go,
if that's okay.