[kde-doc-english] PDF generation from pt_BR KDE Docbook

Frank Schoolmeesters frank.schoolmeesters at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:39:41 CEST 2007

On 9/13/07, Felipe Miguel <felipemiguel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to generate a PDF file from the brazilian portuguese
> version of the KDE User Guide. Is it possible?
>
> I already tried htmldoc, but I think it has some problems when
> handling with accentuated characters.
>
> I also took a glance on dblatex,
> but it didn't work here (Mandriva 2007.1):
>
> No external file support
> compilation error: file
> /home/felipe/dblatex-0.1.10/share/dblatex/xsl/legalnotice.xsl line 22
> element param
> The value '$nodes' of the attribute 'name' is not a valid QName.
> gmake: ** [index.docbook.rtex] Erro 5
> /tmp/tpub-felipe-23083 is not removed
>
> I bet some one already asked about this here, but untill now I didn't
> find nothing that could generate this PDF file. Any idea or
> suggestion?
>
> --
> Felipe

Hi Felipe,

Creating PDF files is possible but not easy.

I have created PDFs with dblatex for the Krusader documentation but it
dit take some while before the PDF was created (compiled) succesfully.

The most important issue is to use the latest available version of
dblatex because it fixes several bugs and issues.
(I failed to compile PDFs with older dblatex versions)

Your dblatex-0.1.10 is to old in my opinion, the latest dblatex
version is 0.2.7 released at 7 Sep 2007 btw.
http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/

My source tarball for the Krusader documenation can give you some
clues i think howto create PDFs from a KDE docbook source:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6488&package_id=125990
krusader_handbook-1.80.0-source.tar.gz
and the result
krusader_handbook-1.80.0-pdf.tar.gz

btw. I have used Debian Etch, with the lastest dblatex version
(+dependencies) of Debian unstable, wich means dblatex-0.2.5 at that
time when i did create the above files.

ps. there is a wiki (server seems to be dead for the moment)
    http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Docs+PDF+Generation
    but the last time i have read it didn't contain yet useful information

kind regards,

Frank Schoolmeesters
http://krusader.sourceforge.net/