[kde-doc-english] Kopete's missing two lines

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 31 15:53:13 CEST 2007

List,

I use Kopete 0.11.1 on Kubuntu 6.06 and use my Y!
account on it for IM. I was unable to set kopete to
automatically sign me in as "online" on Y! account.
Asked for help on IRC and found that this option is
available under Configure window. Though, this would
have been obvious, this isn't directly available with
the Y! Plugin.

In the Configure Window, the "Behaviour" section has
few tabs with a set of options. In the "General" tab,
there's an option under "Miscellaneous" -> Connect
automatically at startup. I used this to set Kopete
sign me in automatically.
There's also an option to use mouse navigation instead
of scroll-bars to navigate the contact list.

Both the features are missing from the documentation
of supplied with Kubuntu 6.06 and also the website,
docs.kde.org

Therefore, I describe the features in few lines. Hope
this would be included in the forthcoming updates to
the documentation.
--------------------
Connect automatically at startup
If checked, all accounts set up on Kopete will be
automatically signed in. However, you can choose to
opt out from this for individual accounts by
"modify"-ing  their settings from the Account menu.

Use mouse navigation instead of scroll-bars
If you have a long list of contacts, you can navigate
your mouse through the small Kopete window and the
list will move vertically in the direction the mouse
pointer moves. In other words, you wouldn't have to
use the scroll-bar to scroll up and down.

I would also like to note that it is mentioned in the
"What's This?" section for the mouse navigation
feature, which notifies vertical movement in the
opposite direction of mouse movement, which is wrong.

--
FSF of India Associate Fellow - http://www.gnu.org.in
S K Somaiya College of ASC- http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc

      Download prohibited? No problem! To chat from any browser without download, Click Here: http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php