[kde-doc-english] New pest on the List

Paul Bamford paulbam at gmail.com
Sun May 27 05:28:51 CEST 2007

G'day,

I've just joined this list for a couple of reasons. The first is that I
have time on my hands, an interest in writing (even technical writing).
The second is that I've had an interesting time over the past week or so
with the KDE menu and the menu editing tools in KDE.

One thing I've realised is that if I'm ever going to get the menu set up
to my own satisfaction, is that I've got a lot to learn about the menu
definition files (the base XML), menu merging and so on. It's sometimes
said that the best way to learn something is to teach it to someone
else, so writing a guide to configuring the KDE menu and maybe a help
file for the KIOSK Admin tool I've currently got installed (where the
help files all say "to be written") might be a good start.

I have nothing against getting involved in documenting new KDE features
and new applications at a later date, but right now I'd rather deal with
an issue that's immediate for me - apparent holes in the documentation
of KDE 3.5.5 that are giving me the irrits.

Nervously yours,

Paul Bamford