[kde-doc-english] Contradictory message in kpf docs

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 16:29:10 CEST 2007

On Fri, July 13, 2007 10:50 am, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> There is the following message in kpf docs:
>
> "By default, a &kpf; share does not allow the following of symbolic
> links. This
> means that, for example, if you have a share pointing to <filename
> class=\"directory\">/your/home/folder/public_html</filename>
> and you create a link inside <filename class=\"directory\">
> public_html</filename>, pointing to <filename class=\"directory\">
> /tmp</filename>, then anyone requesting <filename class=\"directory\">
> folder."
>
> In the first sentence, it says that kpf does not follow symlinks and the
> example says exactly the opposite, as far as I understand.

I think it's just a matter of wording - the author is explaining what the
effect would be of having the link. Maybe reword it like this:

"By default, a &kpf; share does not allow the following of symbolic
links. This means that if you have a share pointing to <filename
class=\"directory\">/your/home/folder/public_html</filename>
and you create a link inside <filename class=\"directory\">
public_html</filename>, pointing to <filename class=\"directory\">
/tmp</filename>, anyone accessing <filename class=\"directory\">
/tmp</filename>, who would normally be able to see the contents of your
<filename>/tmp</filename> folder, would be prevented from doing so."

Regards,
Malcolm
--
Web Development, Technical Copy-Editing & Proofreading

KDE Proofreading Team
KDE British English Translation Team

http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=en_GB