[kde-doc-english] hello , I want to do something to help in writing document for kde

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at lincoln.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 23:27:01 CET 2007

Hi Yonghui,

>              My name is  Yonghui Tang , I want to help write document
> for kde for the world.Yeah , how can I start or what should I do ?
> Thank you very much.

Great to hear that you're interested in helping out with documentation! In
terms of things to work on, we won't "assign" you something that you have to
do - you're free to work on what you like, but we can give you some
suggestions. If none of those suggestions sound interesting, just say so, and
we'll look for something else (there's plenty to work on, so we won't run out
of things to suggest!).

We usually recommend that you work on something that interests you - perhaps
an application that you use regularly, or one that you're otherwise familiar
with. Is there an application in that category that you can think of?

Some particular things you might be interested in:

* KOffice - Sander can tell you more about this, so I'll leave it to him
* The KDE User Guide has short descriptions of the main KDE features, as well
as some less well known ones. If you'd prefer to write about KDE-wide
integration, instead of just one application, the User Guide might be for
you.

Do any of those sound like the sort of thing you'd be interested in? If so,
tell us, and we can help you to get started with it.

Regards,
Philip