[kde-doc-english] PDF Errors; Preferred Phrase Use

Philip Rodrigues phil at kde.org
Tue Sep 12 14:26:59 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 12:40 pm, Tom Browder wrote:
> We are now using Phil's method for generating the KMyMoney doc's PDF
> version.  Thanks, Phil, the docs are much improved--beautiful, in
> fact.

You're welcome :-)

> We have seen one error that we don't know the source of yet: several
> instances of something like "..date template missing..."  Any hints on
> where to look?

It's not exactly an error. I think it occurs because the dblatex XSLT doesn't
specify what to do with <date> tags, so their content just gets copied into
the output. Since date tags only contain some text, this isn't a big problem,
but if you'd like to get rid of the message, I can provide a patch (I think).

> P.S. I'm working on a method to check across line boundaries for the
> preferred phrase use (perl makes it easy, but I am sure you can find a
> more efficient way to do it versus the way I'm going).  I hope to send
> you a script soon.

Sounds great - looking forward to it :-)

Regards,
Philip