[kde-doc-english] Preferred Forms of Words and Phrases

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:13:10 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 1:42 pm, Tom Browder wrote:
> A previous msg on this list referred to
> <http://people.fruitsalad.org/phil/kde/check_pref_forms/preferred_forms>.
>
> It looks like the perfect solution for a preferred usage system for
> KMyMoney, but it is said to be unmaintained.

The word list is more-or-less unmaintained, but...
> A couple of questions:
>
> Is there a script or program that uses it for checking docs?

...the documentation sanitizer on the "English Breakfast Network" uses it:
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/sanitizer/
It regularly runs on docs in  KDE SVN, but you can also upload your doc
for "just in time" checking.

> What is the KDE doc team using in its place now?

Because of string freezes and translation issues, we're not actively fixing
issues flagged by the docs sanitizer, but we'll probably start doing so when
we start working on KDE 4 docs.

Regards,
Philip