[kde-doc-english] How do I select the default font for a Unicoded script on Konsole?

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chandra at ee.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 2 13:12:37 CEST 2006

Dear Folks,

I have a KDE 3.5.4 with locale

LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_AU:en
LC_CTYPE="en_AU.UTF-8"

on a Kubuntu Dapper PC.

I have also downloaded SCIM and TTF Indic fonts and am able to input Indic
scripts to kate and konsole.

Specifically, with the language Tamil, I am able to input to kate using SCIM but
I find the default Tamil font used by kate too small and hard to read when
displayed.  I would like to use a clearer TTF font at a larger size and I have
several to choose form.

But my default language is English: I use Tamil only sparingly and within
Unicoded text documents.  So, I do not want to change my Bitstream Vera Sans
Mono at size 14 as my default for kate and konsole.

How can I alter default fonts KDE-wide for other Unicode scripts other than
English when they are input or displayed by KDE?

Thank you.

--Chandra
   02 Oct 06
P.S. If this is the wrong place to ask my question, please let me know where to
post.  Thanks.