[kde-doc-english] kde-docs mail

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at lincoln.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 00:46:24 CET 2006

Hi,
As I guess many of you know, we have links at the bottom of docs pages which
send mail to a shared mailbox on the kdemail.net server. I was wondering why
there hadn't been much mail to it, when suddenly ~50 messages appeared,
dating back to May of this year. Presumably the mail server got wedged
somehow, and has just been fixed.

So, this means we have lots of messages, which it would be very useful to
respond to. Since not everyone has access to the shared mailbox, I've
exported the mails to an mbox file:
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/stuff/kdedocs-mbox.bz2
I think you can import it to KMail by uncompressing it and dropping it in your
mail directory.

If everyone could respond to one or two messages, that would be very helpful.
Most are user support questions, so you can just apologise for the delay in
replying, and point them in the direction of somewhere where they can get
user support (kde at kde.org or kde-forum.org).
For those that are actual comments or questions on the documentation, you can
come up with an appropriate reply :-).

Please tell the list which message(s) you're replying to, so we don't get
duplicates, and can make sure everything gets replied to in the end.

Also, if you'd like to get access to the shared mailbox, tell me and I'll try
to arrange it (if I can find the kdemail.net maintainer).

Thanks in advance,
Phil